While I have newer pictures of my father, this one is my favorite.
Presumably, we were on our way to Northern Michigan for a family vacation. Mom was taking the picture.
My father has taught me so much, that I felt it appropriate to take father's day to spread some of the wealth that he has taught me.
Here are just a couple...
- Always be a man of your word: This one seems simple. When you say you are going to do something, do it...even when inconvenient. People will always remember if and when you don't.
- Always be on time for a meeting. My father is obsessive about this. While I am not perfect, and I have the hardest time with this one, I always strive to be on time.
- Dress well. Don't wear cheap clothing. People notice. My father always said that your necktie should have red in it. While I am not a believer in this anymore, red is supposed to signify power.
- Always refer business to the most qualified person, not the one who gives you a kickback. My father routinely declined a referral fee because he didn't want there to be confusion as to why he referred it.
- Always make time for your family: While my father always worked late when I was little, he always did his best to come home and spend dinner with us, even if he had to go back to the office afterwards.
Any good advice you got from your father?